Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A first for everything.

Happy Tuesday! How was your day?

I had a long day. After an exhausting orchestra practice I just wanted to go home. When I got home I had a terrible stomach ache. I don't know what happened, but I could barely move for two hours. Miraculously, I managed to feel better and go for a run!

I had a quick 2 mile run. I had planned to do 3 but I was just over 300 (high blood sugar-not my day!) when I left so I decided to take it easy.

I didn't really take it easy. I pushed it and did the 2 miles in just over 19 minutes! That may not be fast to you but it is fast to me considering my blood sugar. (my fastest 5k was 33 minutes)



Yay for getting faster! Weekend 5 mile runs do help, don't they? (;
Sunset runs are the best.

So something strange happened on my run today.
A cop pulled me over (? can that even happen to a runner or..) when I was running!!
After a temporary mental freak out (I don't break laws!!) I realized he just wanted to ask me a question. Apparently there was a disoriented man wandering the neighborhood. How weird! I live in a very safe neighborhood. The only time the police is ever around the neighborhood I run is to give speeding tickets to people trying to get to school on time at the High School.

How weird.

One last thing..


Guess what I found on groupon today... This looks like so much fun!!
Should I do it? An 8k would be fun! (: I just don't know how my crazy lab would react to all those other dogs. She is a big scaredy cat.

Sophie!!


-Emily
Have you ever been pulled over by a police officer while running?
How do you deal with high blood sugars on a run?


No comments:

Post a Comment

//
Blogging tips