Sunday, February 17, 2013

A good start.

I've been two weeks in to the Couch to 5k program: and I am so excited.

It's only been TWO WEEKS but I can already see myself improving. I can go longer without feeling tired, and I am running slightly faster. The biggest improvement is that my legs don't hurt when I run now. During and after the first run, I have to admit, they hurt a little! Not a bad hurt, but the kind of hurt that happens when your muscles are working hard and then have to repair themselves. (I think.... Health class, did I remember that correctly? Haha!) These improvements are only little ones, but they keep me motivated to keep this up. 

How do I do it? I get up at 5:15 Mondays and Fridays and I go with my dad to the YMCA. Normally I get up around 6:30 or 7, so I thought getting up at 5:15 would be impossible...... But Pinterest was there to save me! (: I found some tips for getting up early. The ones I like and have used the most are:
1. Pack your gym bag the night before. 
2. Sleep in your workout clothes or have them right next to your bed.
3. Turn on a light as soon as your alarm wakes you up.
and the most important....
4. GET SOME SLEEP (: I go to bed between 9 and 10 the nights before I'm going to get up at 5:15. This is really the most important part to getting up early!!


Surprisingly, I'm not tired the days I run. In fact, by the time I get to school at 8, I am much more awake than I would normally be! My energy seems to last all day too. Also, maybe it's just luck, but I seem to have a more positive outlook on the days I work out in the mornings. (:


Have you tried the Couch to 5k program?
What motivates you to run?
What are your tricks to getting up early?
Are you happier on the days that you work out?


Have a marvelous day!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

//
Blogging tips