Wednesday, January 23, 2013

College.

Happy Wednesday! How was your day?
Today I missed most of my classes because I attended a program called Attainable Futures. It was quite interesting, and today we talked about goal setting. I met many people and I know it will be a great networking opportunity as well as a way to learn more about myself and my dreams.
Coincidentally, there were 10 college letters in my mailbox when I got home!



College??
COLLEGE??

I'm only a sophmore! I have two more years of high school!
While it seems like a long ways away, I know the next two years will go by very quickly, and I am SO EXCITED for the ability to finally have a choice in my education. It's a very big decision, and I think about it more than most kids my age do. I'm constantly researching universities, and I have even done a college visit! There are so many factors involved in the decision, I want to make sure that I find someplace I will love and will lead me to a good job (or, with my current plan, into grad school!)

What is my plan? Obviously I'm not old enough to know what I'm going to do for the rest of my life, but I have a goal. I am quite interested in becoming a Speech-Language Pathologist. I want to help people communicate, that's a passion of mine. When I was little, I saw a speech path a few times and she corrected my speaking (r-sounds!), and I read many blogs about speech pathology, but my experience is limited. I am going to job shadow in April and I am really looking forward to discovering just what happens in the normal day of a speech pathologist!! (:  


Where did you go to college-and how did you choose? 
How did you decide what you wanted to go into- and did you stick with your chosen career path?
Do you or someone you know work as a speech-language pathologist? What are the best and worst parts of your job? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

//
Blogging tips