Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's not goodbye, it's see you later.

Happy Sunday everyone! (:

I haven't blogged in way too long. Last week was band camp, which meant I was at school and outside from 8 in the morning to 9 or 10 at night Monday-Friday. I had a half day on Sunday too. Since I'm on Cross Country, I got to school at 7am to run with the team.

My body didn't like it. I've been having terrible pains on the inside of my knee up the rest of my leg. I kind of limp most of the time. 

I took Thursday and Friday off, but I felt better yesterday so I ran. Tomorrow I'm supposed to have my very first meet ever (!!!!!) but I just have to see how I feel. 

Yesterday was the "Mad Dash" so the orientation/party for the incoming freshmen. I was a leader! (:
Leaders! My group was pink giraffes. Like my tutu?? (:

I have some things I need to say. 
When I started running with the cross country team this summer, I really didn't think I would ever actually be on the team. Then I fell in love. I knew that if I wasn't on the team I would regret it. I've already missed out on two years. This was my chance. I decided to take a huge risk and join the team. 

You're probably wondering why that's a huge risk. First of all, it's a risk because of my confidence. I'm not fast! I'm not "good" at cross country. Joining the team means I will get faster-but what if I don't? These injuries have been causing me to have to take runs off or do very reduced mileage. I'm scared of what this season will bring. I'm scared of being bad and I'm scared of being good.

What's absolutely terrifying is the time. I'm already in marching band and I have practices 2 nights a week plus every other friday for band. I have competitions, all day events, almost every Saturday. 

Cross Country practices every day after school. We also have meets on some weekdays and we have meets almost every Saturday. 

I'm taking 7 classes, 4 of which are AP/honors. 

I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I know I have to try. 

There will be many nights I'm not home until 9:00. I have to make it work by managing my time really well. This is what I've chosen to do. I am taking a risk and putting it all out there. 

I'm doing this for me. People say to do what makes you happy- well, running with a team makes me really, really happy. I am so excited for this year. I am the happiest I have ever been. I have this confidence and positive attitude and I feel like I'm ready for anything. 

Now here's the tough stuff.
I love the blogging community. I have become a healthier, happier individual and I've made some great friends. However, because of my choices, I need to take a few months off from blogging. I won't be posting here or on instagram. I may continue to read blog posts, but not daily, and I may not be commenting much. 

Thank you all for reading and supporting Emily Smiles for Miles. I'll be back. I will be blogging, just not at this point in my life. Thank you all for the amazing comments and the amazing blogs you run. I love reading and being inspired by other bloggers. 

It's not goodbye, it's see you later. 

-Emily

4 comments:

  1. :( I will miss you and your blog! Good luck with the season and I can't wait until you can blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl!! We will all be rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss your blog, but I'm SO excited for you and your season! I'm going through a stress fracture right now because I didn't rest up my foot like I should've, so watch out for your knee! Knee problems are the worst, so don't overextend yourself :) (Just some friendly advice, wouldn't want you missing part of the season like I am!) I wish you the absolute best until we meet (or blog) again you beautiful girl! It looks like you have a wonderful year coming up! Have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily! I looovvee reading your blog, and I hope you'll head over to my blog to see what you've been nominated for. Hopefully you'll have the time to fill it out!

    ReplyDelete

//
Blogging tips