Thursday, August 8, 2013

Healthy Eats Week- Day 3: Dinner

Hellooo and happy Thursday! (: 
I am in the best mood. Today I ran 5 slow miles. I haven't run anything over 2 1/2 miles in TWO WEEKS. That's a long time. I am proud to announce that I had no pain whatsoever! I had terrible, terrible shin splints and a resulting knee pain, but now it's mostly gone. I really hope I don't jinx it!

That "runner's high" kicked in right after mile 4. Suddenly my brain got really happy and I ran the last mile a lot faster than the rest. I love long runs for that reason. It's feels like torture until you get to "that point" and then the rest of your run (and day) is wonderful. 


I had hill repeats after the 5 miles, and we had to run to and from the hill, so it was actually closer to 6 miles today. I'm allowed to do 15 miles a week this week, and I did 2 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, and I couldn't run yesterday (blood sugar low- wouldn't come back up). I'll probably do the rest of my weekly miles Saturday. We have team bonding tomorrow instead of practice. 

Time for Healthy Eats Week- Day 3.
Dinner!

Now, I'm not a picky person, so I'll normally just eat whatever my mom makes or gets. It's summer, so I'm out a lot, and eat out more than usual. These meals are just what I make when it's up to me. 

Quinoa/rice mix (not that great, from a microwavable bag), broccoli (from TJ's), and a Veggie Masala burger topped with plain chobani (!!!)


My new favorite thing in the whole world. Tried these as a sample, and I fell in love. They are just a little bit spicy and oh-so delicious. The chobani on top? Genius. 


 Sorry for the ugly picture. Lately I've been loving salmon filets with dry rub. So yummy, and salmon has those Omega 3's. (:


My mom doesn't always add vegetables to our meals. Frozen veggies are perfect for me since they don't go bad and I can quickly make them to add with any dinner. 


That's it for dinner. I am severly lacking in this post! Does anyone else totally forget to take pictures of their dinner until it's gone?

Healthy Eats Week isn't over.. I still have a post or two with snacks! (:

What's your favorite dinner? How do you incorporate more vegetables into your meals?
-Emily

8 comments:

  1. I"m so glad that your shin splints are gone! Did you have them in both shins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for long runs!!! Those (and runners highs) are the best!!! Those veggie burgers (I'm assuming) sound awesome! And frozen veggies are the way to go -at my dad's house I used to practically live off of giant bags of frozen veggies if I wanted any at all haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long runs make me love running. I did 5 today- not super long but definitely long enough (: My dad is the opposite, he is obsessed with fruits & veggies and buys them at Costco in bulk! My mom is the one I need to convince to stock up on the produce (:

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that the pain is gone!! Yaaayyyy!!! :D And I so know what you mean about the "runner's high." Mine usually kicks in about mile 5, but unfortunately that's also about the time me knee pain kicks in. :(
    Those veggie masala burgers look fantastic! I bet they would be a great addition to one of your salads! And so glad you're loving salmon. It's one of my favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how much fun running without pain was! (; That really stinks about the knee pain. :( Runner probs, right?
      I totally need to try one in a salad! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I've had shin splints most of my life and they really suck! Have you ever tried something called icy hot on them? I've used that before and it's been so helpful! I recently got back to 4-5 mile days too, and I love it. I'm seriously high on endorphins before it's even 8 AM. It's the best feeling every though! And your food girl! OMG! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but I definitely will try it! I need all the help I can get! (: Next time they pop up, I'll buy some. I love the feeling of being done with a run and having a runner's high and most people aren't even up yet. P.S. In my new post I tried out one of your recipes! It was so good. (:

      Delete

//
Blogging tips