Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Not my photo

This picture was taken near my house. This morning, Chicago got the most crazy rain. I don't know if flooding has ever been this bad in the town I live in. It surely hasn't in my lifetime. School was canceled and I am stuck in my house all day. I hope everyone is okay. It seems like it's just one thing after the other these days. Terrible things. There have been a lot of deaths due to trains where I live recently, and then the horrendous news of the Boston marathon bombing, and now this flooding.
I don't know what to say, I really don't. We just need to keep moving. Keep running. Stay positive.

Needless to say, I won't be using my early birthday gift anytime soon...

MY NEW BABY <3
 I have done a 4 mile long run on this and a 3 miler too. I LOVE IT. I have nothing but good things to say about the Forerunner 10 and the garminconnect website! Thanks mom (:


I had nothing to do so I ate lunch at 10:00... Oops. At least it was a Eat Clean meal!
Today, school was cancelled because of the weather, so I have taken advantage of the lazy day to catch up on blogs and friends, and now to blog. Looks like I won't be running outside today. Yesterday I did Speed at the YMCA and today it looks like I will be lucky if I can even get to the YMCA at all!

I have plans to run a 10k on June 1st or June 2nd, and I am using this training plan from Women's Health. I love that it says intermediate, it makes me feel very proud of myself. (; I am on week 2 so far.

I run the Komen for the Cure 5k on Mother's day, so I am also hoping the training plan will help me achieve a faster time for that. Crossing my fingers for under 30:00!!


Have a thrilling Thursday!
I hope everyone is safe and well during these storms.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

//
Blogging tips